Dirk Raufeisen (p)
Götz Ommert (b)
Thomas Cremer (dr)
- Do You Know What It Means 4:39 (Louis Alter / Eddie de Lange)
- The Cakewalk 4:29 (Oscar Peterson)
- Yesterday 6:00 (Lennon / McCartney)
- Run For Fun 2:20 (Dirk Raufeisen)
- Jutta’s Blues 5:54 (Götz Ommert)
- Lil’ Darlin’ 7:06 (Neal Hefti)
- Luitpold Blues 9:51 (D. Raufeisen / G. Ommert / T. Cremer)
- Happy Hour 6:24 (Dirk Raufeisen)
- Softly As In A Morning Sunrise 6:23 (Matt Dennis / Earl Brent) feat. Barbara Ehlich
- Real Blues 9:11 (Ray Brown)
- Moving 3:09 (Dirk Raufeisen) – bonus track
recorded in front of the Luitpold Hotel on the 7th October 1994
total playing time: 65:34
JAZZ FINGERS TRIO LIVE IM LUITPOLD
Recorded on the 6th October 1994 in the music pavilion of the Hotel Luitpold in Bad Wörishofen. After being recommended by Barbara DENNERLEIN, the top-class JAZZ FINGERS TRIO were invited by the local JAZZINITIATIVE to perform in the LUITPOLD HOTEL.
Dirk Raufeisen, one of the most distinguished German pianists, whose brilliant playing fuses many different styles of music,
Götz Ommert, bass player with amazing technical skill and
Thomas Cremer, an excellent, sensitive drummer, who is also familiar with the softer tones,
enchanted and inspired an enthusiastic audience with their top-class sold-out jazz concert.
One of the highlights was when the trio spontaneously invited the alto saxophonist Barbara Ehlich, who was present in the audience, to accompany them for one title. Without any coordination issues, the result speaks for itself.
The enchanting “Luitpold Blues” was created on the spot and was another highlight of the evening.
Many thanks to the organisers, especially Dr. Horst Fröhlich (Jazzinitiative) and Mr. Winfried Stapfer (hotel management) for organising this fantastic concert.
Gerhard Gärtner († 2016)